Actress-filmmaker Divya Khosla Kumar says that clothes for all body sizes should be showcased on fashion runways.
“Why should clothes be made of only one size? If you see across the globe, people of all sizes are there. Clothes are of all sizes, so the display on the ramp should also be of all sizes,” she said.
“It shouldn’t just be for extra-thin people. How much of those clothes get converted into sales is also a question mark. As it is designer clothes are for all sizes, so why not showcase them on the ramp,” Divya said on the sidelines of the audition for the Lakme Fashion Week in association with the plus-size store aLL.
Divya judged plus-sized models walking the ramp as part of the event and appreciated the models for their confidence and energy.
“It is the first time that plus-sized models are walking the ramp, and why not? There are so many who are plus-size but they look so charming. So, it is all about your smile and the beauty within,” she said.
“All our lives… we are after this race of being slim or fat. I think the only classification should be if we are healthy or weak. We should embrace ourselves and I think in any field if you need something to move forward, that is confidence and hard work. (The debate of) fat or thin should just stop. Celebrate being you,” Divya said.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/evening-dresses
- Make Money Posting Ads Online (57 views)
- Graphic Designer to discuss creativity (19 views)
- Mirraw.com: Georgette – Sarees (3 views)
- Find an Amazing Magnetic Jewelry (2 views)
- Sellective Biker Jewelry for you (2 views)
- Home Based Job Online Part Time Work (2 views)
- Post free ads – buy sell trade (2 views)
- Just Give Miss Call & Get Part Time Jobs – Govt Registered – 9994335409 (2 views)
- 1955-1967 VW Beetle EU Blade Stainless Steel Bumper (2 views)
- Best Earning Job Online (1 views)