Spectators were treated to a night of bliss and glamour as models showcased traditional and modern wear during the 2nd annual Makorotela wedding and cultural expo in Maun on Saturday.
The organiser, Gobonetse Mhapha said the wedding and cultural expo aimed at giving exposure to local designers and a platform for those planning to have weddings to appreciate latest designs.
The name Makorotela, she said was inspired by the Mogotho tree pods which are used to make mathoa for traditional dancers and edible to domestic animals amongst other uses.
Mhapha who said planning the event was not easy thanked the sponsors who helped her make the day a success.
The models showcased outfits by four Maun based designers. In an interview, one designer Gontlemang Motumise said she appreciated the wedding and cultural expo platform to showcase her designs.
Motumise who designs wedding gowns and other modern outfits inspired by cowboy style said the fashion design industry was promising and growing.
She got position four during the 2016 regional presidential competitions. Other two designers, Maungo Ditshwane and Khuduego Tsele of M&L fashion design said the fashion design business was satisfactory with clients forthcoming.
However, the two said they faced the challenge of shortage of materials in Maun with only about two shops specialising in materials. Exhibitors also showcased their products and attendants were treated to traditional dances from a Wayeyi group.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/bridesmaid-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/short-formal-dresses
- Make Money Posting Ads Online (69 views)
- Graphic Designer to discuss creativity (19 views)
- Novels to stimulate your senses. (4 views)
- Plunger 1P3409 (4 views)
- SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK DOLLAR,EURO,POUNDS AND ACTIVATION KIT (2 views)
- Just Give Miss Call & Get Part Time Jobs – Govt Registered – 9043380999 (2 views)
- Turn $5 into $500 Every Week (2 views)
- Professional Website Designing at Affordable Prices (2 views)
- Electrical System Maintenance (2 views)
- Good opportunities for Part time job workers (2 views)