- Listed: 2016-09-20 22:37
- Expires: This ad has expired
The American fashion designer showed off his latest collection in the Big Apple last week (ends18Sep16), but rather than focusing on his clothes, critics berated Jacobs for using faux dreadlocks in the models’ hair, accusing him of cultural appropriation.
At first Jacobs hit back at the negative comments, stating he does not “see colour or race” but instead sees people. He also said he was sorry to learn that people can be so narrow minded, adding “love is the answer. Appreciation of all and inspiration from anywhere is a beautiful thing”.
However the noise surrounding the matter hasn’t gone away, leading the celebrated designer to again speak out.
Uploading an image to Instagram reading “I HAVE READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS”, Jacobs goes on to explain: “…and I thank you for expressing your feelings. I apologize for the lack of sensitivity unintentionally expressed by my brevity. I wholeheartedly believe in freedom of speech and freedom to express oneself though art, clothes, words, hair, music…EVERYTHING.
“Of course I do “see” color but I DO NOT discriminate. THAT IS A FACT!”
Users of the photo sharing app have been divided in their response, with some lamenting his naivety and lack of sensitivity, while others claim the critics “are reaching”.
For the show, models Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Irina Shayk all walked with colourful dreadlocks in their hair. Jourdan Dunn, Adriana Lima and Karlie Kloss also starred.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/cheap-formal-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses-sydney
206 total views, 1 today
- Work From Home Ad Posting Jobs (3 views)
- Online Employment Opportunities (4993) (2 views)
- Automatic SSD Chemical Solution For Cleaning Black Dollar (2 views)
- Online Promotion Center Gets your ads to Millions Daily (5092) (2 views)
- 1958-63 Volvo PV544 Stainless Steel Grill (2 views)
- Make a Real Income At Home (4890) (2 views)
- 1968-1972 VW Bus T2 Early Bay Model Bumper (2 views)
- Yellow Beauty parlour and Salon in City light – Surat (2 views)
- Make a Real Income At Home (4743) (2 views)
- 100% Original : Apple iPhone 7 Plus,S7 Edge,Note 7,Blackberry Priv (2 views)