The Richmond Museum of History has opened a new exhibit that features an variety of local fashion accessories from the past century.
Last week, NBC Bay Area published a great report about the exhibit, which had its opening reception on Saturday and will be available to view through Dec. 23.
The exhibition, entitled “Accessories, Accessories, Accessories!” showcases the museum’s extensive collection of 20th Century fashion items that includes hats, shoes, ties and jewelry worn by working class men and women in Richmond. Items include a Richmond High letterman’s varsity jacket from 1957.
The exhibition also includes old photographs showing people wearing similar accessories.
Museum director Melinda McCrary said patrons should not expect to see many high-end designer products, as Richmond has historically been a working class town.
“You are going to see some really wonderful objects that normal everyday folks would have worn,” she told NBC Bay Area.
The Richmond Museum of History is located at 400 Nevin Ave. and runs gallery hours from Wednesdays through Sundays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at a cost of $5 per adult and $3 for seniors and students over 12.Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/bridesmaid-dresses
- Make Money Posting Ads Online (66 views)
- Graphic Designer to discuss creativity (19 views)
- Mirraw.com: Georgette – Sarees (4 views)
- Just Give Miss Call & Get Part Time Jobs – Govt Registered – 9994335409 (2 views)
- Good opportunities for Part time job workers (2 views)
- Post free ads – buy sell trade (2 views)
- Find an Amazing Stainless Steel Rings wholesale (2 views)
- Dr Rose Safe Medical Abortion clinic in Fourways, Northgate, Northcliff +27736585929 (2 views)
- Work From Home Ad Posting Jobs (2 views)
- Home Based Job Online Part Time Work (2 views)