- Listed: 2016-08-04 22:51
- Expires: This ad has expired
A strawberry skirt? Banana jumpsuit? A dress made of radishes? Jalapeno harem pants?! These may sound like the contents of Lady Gaga’s wardrobe, but in fact they are all creations shared by illustrator Gretchen Röehrs on her Instagram account.
Gretchen has amassed nearly 80,000 followers by turning the contents of her fridge into foodie fashion sketches. From a croissant gown to artichoke skirt via a walnut fascinator – there isn’t an ingredient in her kitchen that hasn’t been given a catwalk-ready look.
‘I first began this series as a joke last year – I was teasing a friend stuck in a cold north eastern winter with the fresh produce we had out here [in California] in December,’ she told Daily Mail Online.
And it seems that the fash-pack are so impressed with her work, they’ve all been bursting to get a piece of her juicy designs. Last year she was commissioned to create edible interpretations of the designer catwalk collections, recreating looks by Jason Wu, Givenchy, Wes Gordon and Sonia Rykiel – all using edible materials.
Gretchen’s usual process is to start with the food and work back to the design. ‘Usually, the food reminds me of a silhouette of a garment I studied in school or saw walk down the runway, and I simply ink in a figure around it,’ she explained.
‘The easiest foods are the ones with natural flamboyance — curly kale, broccoli, artichokes. They are works of art on their own!’
She mainly works with fruit and veg at the moment, but Gretchen hasn’t ruled out dabbling with sweet treats in future, saying colourful candies and macarons might be the next items in her cupboard to receive a couture makeover.
We can’t wait to see what she does with the AW16 collections.
Orange you glad we brought this to your attention?! Sorry, we’ll get our (kale) coat.Read more at:www.marieaustralia.com/green-formal-dresses | www.marieaustralia.com/purple-formal-dresses
345 total views, 1 today
- Online Map Quality Analyst- Hong Kong (6 views)
- SEO Services in Gurgaon (6 views)
- Best Way to Earn Money Online For the holidays! (5 views)
- Online Map Quality Analyst- Taiwan (5 views)
- TS Electric. Inc – Electrical Services in Los Angeles (5 views)
- Silver Fox, an American western novel (5 views)
- The Blood in the Darkness novel (5 views)
- Legitimate Ad Posting Jobs Available Now! (5 views)
- Unlimited Earning Potential at Home(5135) (4 views)
- Best Men’s Stainless Steel Cufflinks c000133 (4 views)